- There is no such thing as behind. Or ahead. Or on track. There is simply being, living, doing. You are exactly where you are supposed to be. It doesn’t matter what the people around you are doing or accomplishing–focus on your own world and you’ll start to feel a little bit better.
- Bumps in the road are merely opportunities to get stronger. When you face a setback or challenge that leaves you utterly stressed out and bummed, recognize it as the Universe sending an opportunity your way to amplify, grow, and gain strength. Take a deep breath, reset, and move forward. It’s your time to shine baby.
- You win some, you learn some. Forget the old saying–you never really “lose some.” And if today you feel like I’m absolutely wrong and you’ve most definitely lost, please reference #2 of this list. Use that “loss” as a diving board to plunge into your next big thing (or little thing) and learn a whole heck of a lot from your experience. There is always something to be learned, and if you play your cards right, you won’t face the same problem again.
- It’s OK to say “fuck it” and nap instead. Having a crap day? Allow yourself to take a nap, watch Netflix, read endlessly, lay around and sulk, go for a swim, drink copious amounts of cold brew, cuddle your dog for 6 hours straight. Do whatever feels right in the moment. Then, after you’re feeling sufficiently sulked, get back on your feet and move forward. Don’t let anyone trick you into thinking you don’t deserve a “fuck it” day every once in a while. They’re wrong. I’m right. It’s just facts.
- You are more than this moment. Little moments tend to feel really big when we’re in the midst of them. Sometimes, it might even feel like you’re drowning. Here’s the truth: you are more than this moment. Your life is bigger than whatever is weighing you down. Don’t let the water wash over you and trick you into believing you are whatever you’re facing. One of my favorite humans once told me, “Kaili, just keep moving forward. If you do that, you’ll eventually get out of whatever is weighing you down.” And he was right.
And if all of those fail, here are some dog pictures to soothe your tired soul. You’re welcome.