Waffle might as well be my middle name. Aside from dogs, they’re easily my favorite thing — for 2 reasons: 1) They’re SIMPLE 2) You can jazz them up with anything.
Today’s recipe takes 4 minutes from mix to mouth. I usually use regular pancake mix (not protein mix) and add more protein powder, but I had Kodiak on hand today so we’re rolling with it. Not only are these protein-packed, they’re full of omega-3’s, antioxidants, iron, and fiber thanks to the chia seeds! Let’s get to it.
- 1/4 cup Pancake/waffle mix
- 1/2 scoop Protein powder
- 1 tbsp. Chia seeds
- 1.5 tbsp. Egg whites
- Almond milk
- Vanilla extract
- In a bowl mix together all of your ingredients. Mix until no chunks remain.
- Lightly spray a waffle maker and place on medium-high.
- Once your waffle maker is nice and toasty, simply pour your mix in and wait for the ding.
- Top with your favorites! I chose raspberries and Walden Farms syrup. Other options could be bananas, strawberries, blueberries, almond butter, peanut butter, butter butter, or really ANYTHING at all.
Macros are: 286 Calories, 31C 9F 29P
Fiber: 8 grams