It’s Monday, and what better way to start the week off than by baking a sweet treat? This delicious recipe is courtesy of my good friend Devon (devonjade.com) — head on over to her blog for more drool-inducing recipes and other amazing content.
These brownies are actually the fudgiest brownies that my tastebuds have ever tasted!
Of course, you know I’m all about indulging and treating myself but my health is my number one priority. This recipe is super clean and won’t leave you feeling down on yourself for eating some (even though you should NEVER feel bad for eating ANY food). They are made with real, whole ingredients and are gluten free, refined sugar free, and full of coconut oil!
Fudge-y Gluten Free Brownies
- 2/3 cup gluten free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (refined)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten free flour, salt, and cacao powder.
- In a (separate) large glass bowl, add in the dark chocolate (NOT the chocolate chips) and coconut oil. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir until the chocolate and coconut oil melt together and are smooth.
- Add in the 2 eggs and whisk until combined.
- Add in the vanilla and stir. BE CAREFUL not to over stir the mixture here, it’ll come out cake, not fudge-like.
- Sprinkle in the flour mixture over the chocolate. Using a rubber spatula, fold the flour into the chocolate, leaving only a little flour visible.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place the mixture in your lightly greased 8×8 baking pan. Bake for 28-30 minutes. DO NOT over bake, if you were to place a toothpick in the center it should have moist crumbs attached.
- Cool and then cut brownies into 16 equal squares.
- Immediately serve, or store in an air tight container at room temperature.