Breakfast is my thang, but ya’ll already knew that.
Why do I have a love affair with the first (and best!) meal of the day? Because there are so many options: waffles, pancakes, eggs, toast, burritos, bowls, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt, etc. The list could go on and on.
My ideal breakfast is full of powerful micronutrients and packed with all 3 macronutrients — to keep my body healthy and my mind running full-speed. Whenever I can, I reach for meals high in protein and littered with veggies.
Today I made the most tasty breakfast bowl OF MY LIFE. It combines 2 of my favorite foods: TACOS and scrambled eggs. Oh — and it’s loaded with veggies.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/4 sweet potato (baked the night before & seasoned)
- 1/4 bell pepper
- chopped onion
- chopped garlic
- lean ground beef — seasoned with taco seasoning (pre-cooked the night before)
- 1 large egg
- 1 serving of egg whites
Here’s what you do:
- In a medium-sized pan sautée veggies & garlic over medium-high heat
- Once everything is sizzling and smelling delicious, add in your meat & stir for 2-3 minutes
- Whisk together your eggs & egg whites
- Top with egg and scramble the entire beautiful concoction
- Put in a bowl and top with salsa, guac, or hot sauce — if you’re into that kind of thing
- Try not to eat seconds and thirds, but no shame if you do
Approximate macros: 310 calories 13C 9F 41P
Enjoy! And positive vibes,