As a self-proclaimed podaholic, I’ve listened to hundreds of podcast episodes. It’s hard to pick my all-time favorites, especially since new ones are added daily, but these are my current addictions. So grab your earphones and pop one on.
Push Through Cardio
True Crime: Someone Knows Something – CBC Radio
- A young boy goes missing in a small town and decades later he’s still gone without a trace. But is there more to the story?
Conversations: Katie Couric – Stitcher and Katie Couric
- World famous journalist, Katie Couric, sits down for candid conversations about life, trials, and success. Guests like Sheryl Sandberg, Marie Kondo, and Pete Souza open up about how they got to where they are and what bumps they faced along the way.
Fitness & Nutrition: Ben Greenfield Fitness: Diet, Fat Loss and Performance – Ben Greenfield
- The latest in fitness and nutrition research – with a splash of personality. What to eat, when to take supplements, and the best ways to amp up your fitness.
Pressed For Time: WSJ Minute Briefing – Wall Street Journal
- One-minute breakdown of today’s news – short and sweet. Stay up-to-date while on the go.
Complete Briefing: The Daily – New York Times
- Who did what, where, when, and why – everything you need to know today. This podcast tends to get fairly political (and left-leaning) so if you’re not into that, I’d pick something else. Although, I think it’s important to hear multiple viewpoints, especially those that don’t align with your own. Stay informed and keep an open-mind.
World View: Global News Podcast – BBC World Service
- Think beyond the United States and stay in the know about global happenings.
Interesting Tidbits: Stuff You Should Know – HowStuffWorks
- Ever wondered how crime scene cleanup works? Or how the process of organ donation goes down? Probably not – but you’ll be glad you learned if you ever find yourself in the midst of Jeopardy.
Thought-Provoking: TED Talks Daily – TED
- World-class leaders and thinkers share their ideas and viewpoints on all things culture, science, politics, and life.
Understanding Money: Planet Money – NPR
- Want to understand investments, how to stretch your wallet, and what the heck is up with tax reform? This is the podcast for you.
Innovate & Create: Tribe of Mentors – Tim Ferriss
- Tim Ferriss brings together extremely successful people from all different crafts to share how they made it big and what they learned along the way.
The Feels: Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations – Oprah
- Oprah tugs at your heartstrings and makes you think deeper with this collection of intimate and open conversations.
Gratitude & Inspiration: Good Life Project – Jonathan Fields/Wondery
- Iconic world-shakers share un-filtered advice about living a fully-engaged, fiercely-connected, and meaning-drenched life.
Just For Fun
Road Tripping: This American Life – This American Life
- Stories from around the world will make you laugh, make you cry, and keep you entertained for hours.
Random Facts You Didn’t Know You Wanted To Know: Freakonomics Radio – Stephen J. Dubner and WNYC Studios
- Why do we do the things we do? How did the world get to where it’s at? It’s all explained and more in this insightful and fact-driven podcast.
Cults and WTF: Heaven’s Gate – Stitcher
- A bunch of people in California all dressed in the same matching jumpsuits and Nike sneakers and took their own lives – expecting to exit this world on a spaceship.