Or should I say, “Wow, why is it winter?” Anybody else think winter swooped in a little too quickly? Seems like I was just wearing shorts and a long-sleeve and working up a sweat. Now I’m wrapped in 13 layers and shivering.
Anyway, enough complaining from me. Today I’ve been thinking a lot about my goals and what I want out of this “journey.” (For those of you wondering, my ‘journey’ isn’t anything specific, just life.)
And there’s something to be said about making your goals public – to hold you accountable and provide support. Also, sometimes seeing other people’s goals spark ideas within my own head and I think to myself, “That’s a great goal – maybe I could do that too.”
So here they are. My November goals in all their glory.
- Write at least 1 letter to a friend or family member per week.
- Grab coffee or food with 2 people I’ve lost touch with.
- LISTEN better – and talk less.
- Bring in $600 from side-jobs and freelancing.
- Stick to budget completely *cough* less coffee *cough*.
- Get in the gym at least 4 days per week and do 20-30 minutes of yoga on my days off.
- Don’t cut any workouts short unless I’m sick or injured – no, being tired doesn’t count.
- Listen to my body and love it even if it doesn’t look or perform exactly how I want it to.
- Worry less about how much I’m eating and more about the types of foods I’m putting in my body.
- Start each morning with a big glass of water before drinking any tea or coffee.
- Eat 3 servings or more of veggies every day.
- Eat 1 dessert per week – Thanksgiving, I’m looking at you.
- Read 3 books by Christmas.
- Keep up to date on my blogs – 3 per week.
- Think positively and speak positively.
- Only commit to things that bring me energy or add value to my life – don’t just say, “yes” because I feel I should.
There you have it, my November goals. These will be pinned up around my room and left in the notes on my phone so I can never escape them. What goals do you have this month?
Positive vibes and good luck,