My name is Kaili and I’m a snack-aholic. Whew, feels good to get that off my chest. Seriously though, I am obsessed with snacking. I can’t remember the last time I made it through a day without at least two snacks.
I’m also health conscious and keen on staying relatively trim… so the key to my success is snacking smart. By “smart” I mean snacking on foods that keep me fuller longer, provide me essential nutrients, and taste ridiculously good. So, what are my favorites?
- Graham cracker + nut butter + banana. This. Is. Heaven. You’ve got crunch, carb, protein, fat, sweet, AND fruit. This is my go-to post-workout when I simply can’t make it to dinner without something to munch on. Feeling extra feisty? Drizzle on some honey, you won’t regret it.
- Apple + lime juice. Once upon a time I tried Whole 30 (that’s another story) and I saw this on a blog. I thought, “How lame. This lady is psyched about an apple with lime juice.” I WAS THE LAME ONE. Guys. Slice up an apple and squeeze fresh lime juice on it, take a bite, and your life will be forever changed. You’re welcome.
- Greek yogurt + berries + chia seeds. My belly doesn’t particularly love dairy, but I’ll sacrifice for a bowl of this goodness. First, slice up your berries and add a small amount of water. Then pop it in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, which will draw out some of the juices and flavor. Stir in yogurt and chia seeds and put in the freezer for about an hour. Voila, homemade frozen yogurt that tastes like HEAVEN.
- Pulled chicken + guacamole + salsa. Throw all of this in a bowl and mix it on up. This protein-packed snack is perfect for when you need a pick-me-up or something to tide you over until dinner… or your next snack.
- Egg whites + cinnamon + syrup. I’ll be honest. I eat this for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, and dessert. Simply put some olive oil in a pan, heat it up, pour in egg whites, sprinkle on cinnamon, cook to perfection, and top with syrup. Your taste buds will be dancing.
- Fruit + fruit + fruit. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, “I am a fruit lover.” Sometimes fruit is all I’ve got in my fridge. On days like that I cut it all up, put it in a bowl, sit back, and fall into a happy fruit coma. You should, too.
What are your favorite healthy snacks? I’m always in the market for new foods!